The first episode in the “Developing a Therapeutic Eye” Webinar Series of 2022 hosted by Calli Charles (Veterinary Physiotherapist (BSc (Hons), MIRVAP(VP)) of Vet Physio Phyle.
This webinar will discuss equine lameness in an accessible and informative way for horse owners to apply to their own horses, and also understand lameness discussions with a vet/veterinary physiotherapist with more detail and confidence.
From breaking down the research studies, to videos and photographs assessing a horses movement and conformation… this webinar is the perfect opportunity to experience lameness analysis through the eyes of an experienced qualified Veterinary Physiotherapist.
- What is the clinical definition of “lameness”?
- Why do some horses experience lameness?
- What is the current research on lameness?
- What are the indicators of lameness to be aware of in my own horse?
- Differentiation of different types of lamenesses associated with different pathologies ie. spinal pathologies, osteoarthritis, acute injuries, neurological conditions
- Is my horse lame, or just weak?
- What should I do if I think my horse may be lame?
- The role of a vet and veterinary physiotherapist